Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Comic Review: The Amazing Spider-Man #14

The Amazing Spider-Man #14: The end is HERE! The ultimate chapter of Spider-Verse has arrived! Who lives? Who dies? Find out answers to this and more right here, in this very comic!
The Good: This issue had almost everything that I wanted in Spider-Verse. All my favorite Spider-People (save one), show up to the final showdown with the Inheritors. There's some great moments and beats in this story. Not going into spoiler territory, but there's a moment with Spider-Ham that had me cheering out loud! Plus, getting to see all my favorites again. Spider-Girl, Spider-Ham, Superior Spider-Man, ect, was really nice. The art was really great, and I look forward to the titles that are going to spin out of this story.
The Bad: Surprisingly enough, I wasn't really 100% in love with the ending. It seemed a little rushed. I'm not sure if this issue was oversized, but if it wasn't, it probably should've been. It ends on a nice enough last panel, but we're left with a TON of questions about The Inheritors, the other Spider-Beings, and not to repeat myself, but it the story seemed to come to a screeching halt within the last 5 to 6 pages. It was abrupt, and I mean REALLY abrupt.
The Verdict: If you've gotten the rest of the Spider-Verse story, there's no way I'm going to tell you not to get this one, you absolutely should. But, I have to say that overall, I was disappointed with this issue. ALTHOUGH, in this book's defense, it's pretty hard to get emotionally invested in ANY Marvel book right now, knowing that everything in the Marvel Universe is going to change once Secret Wars is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment